- Members of ‘Family Consultants and Mediation Services” (FCMS).
- Experienced social science practitioners who undertake specialised Family Reports and Social Assessment Reports pursuant to Family Law and Children's legislation respectively.
- Independent and diversified Private Practitioners bound by our professional Codes of Conduct. We strive to achieve a high standard of professional competence and ‘best practice’.
Please refer to individual practitioner's profiles for details abour accreditations, registrations and professional memberships.
- Use various premises in Brisbane and throughout Queensland to conduct mediation and/or counselling sessions or to conduct information gathering interviews for Family Reports and/or Social Assessments.
- Engage in monthly peer supervision to discuss professional issues so as to share and enhance our best practice focus and keep abreast of the latest developments in the field.
- Are committed to a child-safe culture and provide a safe environment for children when conducting interviews, dispute resolution and/or counselling sessions.
- Foster a culture of awareness with regard to child protection matters so as to ensure adequate protection from harm and the promotion of children’s well being.
- Are bound by mandatory reporting guidelines as stipulated in the Child Protection Legislation and other relevant legislation, rules and guidelines.
We endeavour to:
- Provide a supportive, family focused and child friendly service.
- Interact with clients in a respectful and dignified manner.
- Provide a committed, interactive and individual service in the areas of Family Dispute Resolution, Mediation, Family Counselling and Relationship Education.
- Assist clients to harmoniously resolve parental disputes.
- Complete Family Report or Social Assessments Reports diligently and within required timelines.
- Effectively liaise with the Courts, members of the legal profession and with relevant Government and non-Government Agencies when required.
Mail: PO Box 13179 George Street
Brisbane Qld 4003